Thursday, November 13, 2008

Have you been to Kroger yet?

As I am trying to shake off the news of my Uncle I decided what better cure that to shop! I ventured to Kroger for a few deals that I still had coupons for. Again the cashier looks at me in awe.

Trans. 1 (I like to split them so I can make sure I got my e coupons and b/c somehow it saves me more)


2 cottonelle .99 ea

1 tide 5.99 sale
Total w/tax 8.34

coupons used

.50/1 tp shortcuts
.50/1 tide pg esaver
1/1 tide sic
2 .25/1 tp sic
3.00 off Kroger catalina
total oop 2.34! Can't beat that for good laundry detergent! I saved 80%

Trans #2 (yes, now I am out of coupons to work the 5/10 deal)

2 betty crocker potatoes 1.49 ea

6 hunts tomatoes 1.50 ea
1 nestle cookie dough 2.55
8 carnation condensed milk 1.00 ea
2 fruit snacks 2.00 ea
shout 2.50
2 frosting 1.43 ea & Jif 2.79
oreos 2.68
frito's 2.00
syrup 1.00
2 hunts ketchup 1.00 ea
Total w/tax 55.71

coupons used

10 off Kroger 5/10 deal!
1/5 hunts shortcuts
.75/2 frosting
.35/1 Jif
2.50 KC WYB Jif & frosting
8 1/2 carnation sic
2 1/2 hunts sic
.40/1 hunts mailer
1/1 nestle sic
1/2 bc potato sic
.75/1 shout pc
.50/2 fruit snack sic
total oop $17!! I saved another 70%!
I would have been under $10 but I had to get a few extra's for David's class. Those were the things w/o coupons of course b/c you can never find coupons for things you need on the fly. Also keep in mind that their bonus coupons make a difference. You could NOT have done this at Walmart!

What am I going to do with all this you ask? I'll be giving my freebies away of course. Tis better to give than to receive...besides, as much as I love to bake I could never use that much condensed milk.

ps-sorry again for the picture. My computer is so weird. You have no idea what it has been doing to my typing. It takes me forever to adjust what it does to the formatting on each post but I still haven't figured the pictures out. My computer does NOT play well with others.

1 comment:

Meredith B said...

our kroger only had the evaporated milk in the deal...condensed milk would be helpful to make fudge! I am now bummed! Keep up the great job with your blog and your shopping deals!